I love the idea of finding something in your life that is bigger than yourself.Spencer buswell
Pornography involves a lot of inward thinking and selfishness. One way to get out of that is to look for opportunities to serve others. Finding something positive to do besides watching pornography is one way Weston Smith and Spencer Buswell are able to work towards recovery. They believe that doing something bigger than yourself, something meaningful and creative, can distract from temptation.
In this episode:
- Be relentless and dauntless.
- Focus your energy into something positive to fill the void.
- Pour your soul into a worthy cause.
- Work to be excellent rather than going back to normal.
- Don’t leave time for porn. Find something else to work on.
Spencer Buswell is a proud husband to the one and only – Ashlee Buswell, the love of his life. Alongside Weston Smith, he created the Eternal Warrior Podcast, which is a podcast to help those seeking recovery from porn addiction. He loves family, sports, oreos, and is passionate about kicking porn to the curb in his own life and helping others do the same.
Weston Smith is the cohost of the Eternal Warrior Podcast. You can hear more from him in episode 17 of Breaking the Silence.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by guests do not necessarily represent our views. We offer this information in good faith, but we don’t make any representation that what you hear is accurate, reliable, or complete. Reach 10 and the Breaking the Silence podcast are not responsible or liable for your use of any information heard in this podcast.
Send us your anonymous stories, questions, and comments!
We’d love to hear from you! Do you have a story we could share? What questions could we could answer on the podcast? This button takes you to an anonymous survey where you can submit those without sharing your name or email.
Subscribe to Breaking the Silence in your favorite podcast app and you’ll never miss an episode!
Reviews matter! Just click here, then click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”.
- If you’re using iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”.
- If you’re using the Apple Podcasts app,
- scroll down to Ratings & Reviews,
- tap on ‘Write a Review,’
- create a headline and write your review,
- tap the number of stars you want to give, and
- click ‘Send.’ You can edit your review after sending.
Reach 10 is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. You can help keep Breaking the Silence going by donating to support the podcast here.