Pornography is not just a men’s issue. And supporting someone who is struggling with pornography is not just a girl’s job.Emi bass
Being a student is hard, especially when feeling alienated because of a struggle with pornography. Or maybe feeling confused about how to help a friend entrenched in this problem. Emi Bass wanted to find a way to help, so she founded the Un-Alone Club at BYU. Students are invited to meet over Zoom, anonymously or not, to find insight, community and relief from issues like pornography use, betrayal trauma, supporting friends struggling, and more. You’ll be inspired by her story and how one person can start something that really matters.
In this episode:
- The opportunity to share stories anonymously allows members to find connection.
- Finding the right resource can change the recovery journey.
- Shame doesn’t have to rule your life. If you can let it go, you can connect.
Emi Bass is a senior at BYU studying Classical Civilization. She’s from Tennessee and rock climbs too much. She’s spent the last year working to follow some inspiration that has resulted in the BYU Un-Alone Club, a group where those working to overcome pornography—and those that support them—can come for shame-free connection and helpful resources.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by guests do not necessarily represent our views. We offer this information in good faith, but we don’t make any representation that what you hear is accurate, reliable, or complete. Reach 10 and the Breaking the Silence podcast are not responsible or liable for your use of any information heard in this podcast.
Send us your anonymous stories, questions, and comments!
We’d love to hear from you! Do you have a story we could share? What questions could we could answer on the podcast? This button takes you to an anonymous survey where you can submit those without sharing your name or email.
Subscribe to Breaking the Silence in your favorite podcast app and you’ll never miss an episode!
Reviews matter! Just click here, then click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”.
- If you’re using iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”.
- If you’re using the Apple Podcasts app,
- scroll down to Ratings & Reviews,
- tap on ‘Write a Review,’
- create a headline and write your review,
- tap the number of stars you want to give, and
- click ‘Send.’ You can edit your review after sending.
Reach 10 is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. You can help keep Breaking the Silence going by donating to support the podcast here.