When we are open about and vulnerable about those deeper parts of ourselves, not only does it increase the strength of a relationship, but … it helps people realize they are not alone.BRandon fielding
Dating while struggling with pornography sometimes feels like a complete no go. But Brandon Fielding thinks that if you feel ready, you should go for it! Creed and Crishelle talk with him about how to get prepared to date if you aren’t quite there yet and how to approach the topic when you are in a relationship.
In this episode:
- Everyone has their baggage. You can’t wait to date until you are perfect.
- Choose to talk about what you struggle with when you feel comfortable with your emotional intimacy level.
- Shame tells us we are alone. By opening up, you can realize those lies aren’t true.
Brandon Fielding is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Utah and Washington, and specializes in abuse, trauma, and sexual issues. He is pursuing a PhD in Public Policy and Affairs from Portland State University, and intends to address policy issues in relation to trauma and sexual topics while continuing his private practice.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by guests do not necessarily represent our views. We offer this information in good faith, but we don’t make any representation that what you hear is accurate, reliable, or complete. Reach 10 and the Breaking the Silence podcast are not responsible or liable for your use of any information heard in this podcast.
Send us your anonymous stories, questions, and comments!
We’d love to hear from you! Do you have a story we could share? What questions could we could answer on the podcast? This button takes you to an anonymous survey where you can submit those without sharing your name or email.
Subscribe to Breaking the Silence in your favorite podcast app and you’ll never miss an episode!
Reviews matter! Just click here, then click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”.
- If you’re using iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”.
- If you’re using the Apple Podcasts app,
- scroll down to Ratings & Reviews,
- tap on ‘Write a Review,’
- create a headline and write your review,
- tap the number of stars you want to give, and
- click ‘Send.’ You can edit your review after sending.
Reach 10 is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. You can help keep Breaking the Silence going by donating to support the podcast here.