Whatever we do online spills over to our offline lives.Lisa Frost
It’s easy to get sucked into your phone, tv shows, or video games and forget who you are and what you really want out of life. Jason and Lisa Frost, young authors of a new book, talk with Creed and Crishelle about being intentional with media and living from your values. We should be angry instead of ashamed about screen culture and the big tech companies setting traps to steal our attention. They suggest that taking a break away from screens is worth it for the healthy benefits.
In this episode:
- Pornography is one of the ways tech tries to capture time and attention for big money
- Find time to have a digital break and reset
- Take time to think about your values
Over the past five years, Jason and Lisa Frost’s insatiable hope has driven them to give their everything to inspire the change that this lost generation so desperately needs. After finishing their Master’s degrees in education and human rights and working hands-on with teens for nearly a decade, they released a book, The Glass Between Us, as a guide for parents and community leaders to courageously succeed at raising up teens in the digital age.
This year, they launched their non-profit organization, Wired Human, to serve parents, teachers and community leaders with the tools they need to empower youth to reject digital exploitation and pursue a life full of community, adventure and purpose. Together, they can reclaim the lives and mental health of this rising generation from the iron grip of Big Tech.
- The Glass Between Us, Empowering Youth to Combat Digital Exploitation, A Value-Based Guide for Screen-Driven Challenges
- Website: Wiredhuman.org
- Facebook: @wearewiredhuman
- Instagram: @wearewiredhuman
- Twitter: @wearewiredhuman
Disclaimer: The views expressed by guests do not necessarily represent our views. We offer this information in good faith, but we don’t make any representation that what you hear is accurate, reliable, or complete. Reach 10 and the Breaking the Silence podcast are not responsible or liable for your use of any information heard in this podcast.
Send us your anonymous stories, questions, and comments!
We’d love to hear from you! Do you have a story we could share? What questions could we could answer on the podcast? This button takes you to an anonymous survey where you can submit those without sharing your name or email.
Subscribe to Breaking the Silence in your favorite podcast app and you’ll never miss an episode!
Reviews matter! Just click here, then click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”.
- If you’re using iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”.
- If you’re using the Apple Podcasts app,
- scroll down to Ratings & Reviews,
- tap on ‘Write a Review,’
- create a headline and write your review,
- tap the number of stars you want to give, and
- click ‘Send.’ You can edit your review after sending.
Reach 10 is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. You can help keep Breaking the Silence going by donating to support the podcast here.