You’re going to get a lot further if you’re putting your heads together to figure things out.Zachary Spafford
We all want to have connection in our marriage, especially when we struggle. Zach and Darcy Spafford discuss how to pause and step back to connect when pornography comes in between them. They also share the importance of compassion and grace towards themselves and each other in the process.
In this episode:
- Each person can work for compassion for what the other is feeling.
- Ask about emotions rather than defending your behavior.
- Intimacy grows when problems are tackled together.
- Recovery requires actual skills.
- The unending compassion of Christ.
Zach and Darcy are coaches who have walked in their clients’ shoes. After many years struggling with pornography use in their home they were able to learn the skills, processes and techniques that allowed them to create the life and integrity they wanted around sex, sexual imagery, and intimacy. Their unique approach has helped countless individuals and couples move past the shame and hurt to move forward to the free, loving and worthy place they have been striving to be their whole lives.
Zach Spafford, Self Mastery Coach website
Disclaimer: The views expressed by guests do not necessarily represent our views. We offer this information in good faith, but we don’t make any representation that what you hear is accurate, reliable, or complete. Reach 10 and the Breaking the Silence podcast are not responsible or liable for your use of any information heard in this podcast.
Send us your anonymous stories, questions, and comments!
We’d love to hear from you! Do you have a story we could share? What questions could we could answer on the podcast? This button takes you to an anonymous survey where you can submit those without sharing your name or email.
Subscribe to Breaking the Silence in your favorite podcast app and you’ll never miss an episode!
Reviews matter! Just click here, then click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”.
- If you’re using iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”.
- If you’re using the Apple Podcasts app,
- scroll down to Ratings & Reviews,
- tap on ‘Write a Review,’
- create a headline and write your review,
- tap the number of stars you want to give, and
- click ‘Send.’ You can edit your review after sending.
Reach 10 is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. You can help keep Breaking the Silence going by donating to support the podcast here.