We’re not only reconnecting with ourselves, but also with others and with God.Josh Otani
Finding the right program is essential when recovering from pornography use. Knowing what is available can help you suggest resources to help friends and family. Josh Otani has been working with the Men of Moroni and seen a huge, positive difference in his progress. This week, Creed and Crishelle talk with Josh about how this program has helped him establish safeguards, routines, and connection to help him along in his recovery. Learn what this resource has to offer.
In this episode:
- Safeguards, routines, and connection are important recovery tools.
- Find a routine to substitute the desire to view pornography with something healthier.
- Accountability with a trusted friend can help relinquish the relapses in recovery.
- Each routine should be personalized to accommodate one’s triggers.
Joshua Otani is from San Jose, California and is finishing up his undergraduate degree in Psychology at BYU. He currently works at Wasatch Behavior Health as a Human Service Worker and aspires to become a Licensed Family and Marriage Therapist specializing in sexual addictions and betrayal trauma. He is passionate about anything to do with the improvement of metal, physical, and spiritual health. He loves jogging, lifting weights, and playing ultimate Frisbee and volleyball.
Email Josh: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The views expressed by guests do not necessarily represent our views. We offer this information in good faith, but we don’t make any representation that what you hear is accurate, reliable, or complete. Reach 10 and the Breaking the Silence podcast are not responsible or liable for your use of any information heard in this podcast.
Send us your anonymous stories, questions, and comments!
We’d love to hear from you! Do you have a story we could share? What questions could we could answer on the podcast? This button takes you to an anonymous survey where you can submit those without sharing your name or email.
Subscribe to Breaking the Silence in your favorite podcast app and you’ll never miss an episode!
Reviews matter! Just click here, then click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”.
- If you’re using iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”.
- If you’re using the Apple Podcasts app,
- scroll down to Ratings & Reviews,
- tap on ‘Write a Review,’
- create a headline and write your review,
- tap the number of stars you want to give, and
- click ‘Send.’ You can edit your review after sending.
Reach 10 is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. You can help keep Breaking the Silence going by donating to support the podcast here.