I think through a lot of small actions that trust is rebuilt.Rachel Andrews
Trust is essential in a relationship, whether you are first getting to know each other or have committed to be together forever. Creed and Crishelle talk with Zachary and Rachel Andrews about how they continue to work on an understanding and trusting marriage even through a journey involving pornography.
In this episode:
- The Andrews talk about their experience discussing pornography at the beginning of their relationship.
- It’s ok to take time to think about your feelings before you try to resolve a problem.
- Trust in a relationship comes with the ability to be vulnerable about your mistakes and weaknesses.
- Struggling with pornography doesn’t make you a bad person.
- Prayer can bring peace when you are trying to discuss the challenges of pornography with someone you care about.
Zachary and Rachel live in Henderson, NV with their two year old, Tris. Zachary is currently pursuing a career in law enforcement and Rachel is a freelance graphic designer. Zachary and Rachel are advocates of open, honest communication and have loved working with Reach 10, NCOSE, and Fortify within the anti-pornography movement for the past 5 years.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by guests do not necessarily represent our views. We offer this information in good faith, but we don’t make any representation that what you hear is accurate, reliable, or complete. Reach 10 and the Breaking the Silence podcast are not responsible or liable for your use of any information heard in this podcast.
Send us your anonymous stories, questions, and comments!
We’d love to hear from you! Do you have a story we could share? What questions could we could answer on the podcast? This button takes you to an anonymous survey where you can submit those without sharing your name or email.
Subscribe to Breaking the Silence in your favorite podcast app and you’ll never miss an episode!
Reviews matter! Just click here, then click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”.
- If you’re using iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”.
- If you’re using the Apple Podcasts app,
- scroll down to Ratings & Reviews,
- tap on ‘Write a Review,’
- create a headline and write your review,
- tap the number of stars you want to give, and
- click ‘Send.’ You can edit your review after sending.
Reach 10 is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. You can help keep Breaking the Silence going by donating to support the podcast here.