I think that so many people see therapy as a last resort and people need to start seeing it as a necessary tool, if even just one time going to therapy.Cassandra Hulse
Seeking therapy can be kind of scary! Worry about the cost, concern about what others may think, or being afraid to talk about our problems could keep someone from reaching out for professional help. Cassandra Hulse joins Creed and Crishelle to discuss the ins and outs of therapy for beginners. Hear about how therapy can help someone find the healing they’re searching for.
In this episode:
- Keep trying until you find the right therapist for you.
- Online therapy can be a great resource to those with limited time or during the pandemic.
- You are worthy of taking care of yourself through therapy.
- Normalize therapy as a gym for the mind.
Cassandra works as a youth mentor at a mental health treatment center in Provo, UT. She studied Linguistics at BYU but she now hopes to attend graduate school for Marriage and Family Therapy. She loves hiking, swimming, learning languages, and connecting with friends and family.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by guests do not necessarily represent our views. We offer this information in good faith, but we don’t make any representation that what you hear is accurate, reliable, or complete. Reach 10 and the Breaking the Silence podcast are not responsible or liable for your use of any information heard in this podcast.
Send us your anonymous stories, questions, and comments!
We’d love to hear from you! Do you have a story we could share? What questions could we could answer on the podcast? This button takes you to an anonymous survey where you can submit those without sharing your name or email.
Subscribe to Breaking the Silence in your favorite podcast app and you’ll never miss an episode!
Reviews matter! Just click here, then click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”.
- If you’re using iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”.
- If you’re using the Apple Podcasts app,
- scroll down to Ratings & Reviews,
- tap on ‘Write a Review,’
- create a headline and write your review,
- tap the number of stars you want to give, and
- click ‘Send.’ You can edit your review after sending.
Reach 10 is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. You can help keep Breaking the Silence going by donating to support the podcast here.