“Stop giving pornography power in your life.”Darcy spafford
Watching a spouse work through recovery can be tough. Darcy Spafford experienced this when her husband, Zach, struggled with pornography. She shares how she separated herself from his actions and learned to have compassion for him and for herself. It helped to question the thoughts that popped up and decide if they’re really true.
In this episode:
- Realizing how we’re the same; we may sin differently but we all struggle with something
- Support your spouse by allowing them to express their emotions
- Trying to control your spouse isn’t the answer
Zach and Darcy are coaches who have walked in their clients’ shoes. After many years struggling with pornography use in their home they were able to learn the skills, processes and techniques that allowed them to create the life and integrity they wanted around sex, sexual imagery, and intimacy. Their unique approach has helped countless individuals and couples move past the shame and hurt to move forward to the free, loving and worthy place they have been striving to be their whole lives.
Zach Spafford, Self Mastery Coach website
Disclaimer: The views expressed by guests do not necessarily represent our views. We offer this information in good faith, but we don’t make any representation that what you hear is accurate, reliable, or complete. Reach 10 and the Breaking the Silence podcast are not responsible or liable for your use of any information heard in this podcast.
Send us your anonymous stories, questions, and comments!
We’d love to hear from you! Do you have a story we could share? What questions could we could answer on the podcast? This button takes you to an anonymous survey where you can submit those without sharing your name or email.
Subscribe to Breaking the Silence in your favorite podcast app and you’ll never miss an episode!
Reviews matter! Just click here, then click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”.
- If you’re using iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”.
- If you’re using the Apple Podcasts app,
- scroll down to Ratings & Reviews,
- tap on ‘Write a Review,’
- create a headline and write your review,
- tap the number of stars you want to give, and
- click ‘Send.’ You can edit your review after sending.
Reach 10 is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. You can help keep Breaking the Silence going by donating to support the podcast here.